Studio Cottage and the Studio, a summer cottage and pottery-decorating studio, were constructed in 1932 by the prominent Arts & Crafts designer Alfred Hoare Powell to his own design.  Powell and his wife became celebrated pottery designers for Wedgewood and would use the thatched Studio for training local workers for Wedgewood.

The proposed new landscape design focused on enhancing the existing setting of the house by maintaining and developing the character of an Arts & Crafts garden (garden rooms, yew topiary, yew and beech hedging, colourful flower beds and naturalistic planting) whilst adding some contemporary design moves with a nod to Wedgewood.